We’re as excited as your kids will be over these new kids’ birthday party ideas. The collection includes birthday invitations for all types of kids, no matter what their interests. And be sure to look for the matching party decorations to pull the whole look together in a flash.
They grow up so fast, don’t they? Another year has passed, and it’s time once again to plan your little boy’s birthday party. But, no worries, our 5 most popular birthday party ideas for boys are packed with ways to make it special. Take your cue from your little guy and pick a party theme that he’s interested in, such as cars, animals or superheroes. You can go crazy with decorations or scale it back, depending on budget and time, but these party ideas will give you plenty of places to start.
1. Shark attack! Our Shark Mask Kids Birthday Invitation inspired the entire theme for this birthday party. From the food ideas to the decorations to the colors, it was a hit. Mom, Christy, ordered matching Shark Table Decor, hung up a fishing net and stuck the decor to the netting. She served shark-shaped sandwiches and ocean-themed cake pops. Each child received a shark invitation and there were extras at the party they could use as masks. Finally, Christy made hammerhead-shaped goodie bags for the kids to bring home. *No kids were attacked by a shark during this party.*
Click here to see the full shark-themed kids birthday party.
We did it again. We had another 4th of July treat day in the office to put our co-workers’ cooking, baking and creativity skills to the test! (Click to see ideas from 2014 and 2013 treat days.) And, we must say, we are pretty excited to share these new 4th of July food ideas with you. They are simple to make, and you can bring them to your upcoming gathering to impress your friends and family.
We started the party with drinks to cool everyone down, using an idea we saw in the Hy-Vee magazine. We put raspberries and blueberries into ice cube trays and froze them overnight. We had sparkling water for our refreshment, but you could easily use lemonade or a favorite flavor of juice. We poured the drinks in mason jars and added our Red Striped Paper Straws for the patriotic touch.
For a main course meal we served a classic favorite, pulled pork sandwiches. For added fun, we personalized our Dots & Chevrons Cupcake Flags with red, white and blue and added a Happy 4th of July message.
Then, we made two pasta sides. One in the shape of the American flag and one using the patriotic colors of red, white and blue. The first pasta salad had one layer of bow tie noodles, and then used mini pepperonis for the red in the flag and cut up mozzarella cheese in cubes for the white in the flag. Black olives became the star portion and the whole salad was dressed with Italian dressing. It was delish!
Your little girl is turning one year older, and while you may be sad as you reflect on the years that have gone by, you should also be very proud. Look how much she has learned from you! It’s time to celebrate the person she’s become, and how much joy she has brought you and the people around her. To help inspire you, we are sharing our 5 most popular birthday party ideas for girls. Feel free to spoil her, because she’s only young once!
You’re going to love all the new kids party decorations we’ve added to our kids birthday collection! From tiny cupcake flags to large yard signs, these party decorations all tie together to make your birthday party theme come to life.
It all starts with the kids’ birthday invitations, and there are some sweet new ones including a Sweet Shoppe theme, and Cake & Ice Cream party, perfect for summer. Mad Scientist and Circus Colors are two more new themes you’ll love.
There are milestones in every person’s life that should be celebrated. Graduations, anniversaries and big birthdays (such as 1, 40, 50, 60, 90!) are all occasions for gathering, celebrating and reminiscing. If you’re planning such a party, you know how important the reminiscing part is, and how old photos can help tell the story of who and what you’re celebrating.
Photo displays have always been a popular party idea for these types of events, but they are very labor intensive. On the other hand, our custom posters can be created online in minutes, and present a very affordable alternative. Think about creating a custom poster next time you’re planning party ideas for one of these milestone events.
Everyone loves to look at photos of the couple at an anniversary party, especially wedding and courtship photos – even baby photos. Create a poster that tells the story of their relationship to display at the party. Easy and affordable!
Birthday (1st or 80th!)
Showcase photos of the birthday boy or girl by displaying a custom poster at the birthday party. It’s a lost easier than creating a photo display by hand, and the guest of honor can keep the poster.
My favorite thing about a party is planning it, so I had a lot of fun coming up with some baby shower ideas to share. As always, I started with the invite. I knew right away I wanted to base the party off of Pear Tree’s Little Critters baby shower invitation. Since the invite was rather simple with the colors, I decided to keep the party simple as well. White, gold and little critters were my theme! This invitation is great because you can choose from over 70 colors if you want something a little more colorful.
I have always wanted to create a “donut tower” so I decided to make this baby shower a brunch. It was filled with powdered sugar donuts, Rice Krispy treats, build your own fruit pizzas, mimosas (non-alcoholic), and adorable critters. I used Pear Tree’s Little Critter Table Décor to scatter across the table and attached them to skewers for a topper on the donut tower. We also worked with Build a Balloon, who created adorable custom fringed balloons for our party. Three foot balloons are definitely a must have! Continue reading
Gender reveals are a fun new trend for moms- and dads-to-be. There are lots of great ways to get your loved ones in on the big surprise and let them know if you will be welcoming a girl or a boy. We wanted to share our top 5 gender reveal ideas to get your creative mind inspired. We know there are many more out there, but this list should get you started.
1. Balloon Popping. For this idea, fill dark-colored balloons with pink or blue confetti and inflate to medium size. You can give each person at the gender reveal party their own balloon to pop or the soon-to-be mom and dad can pop it in front of guests. If you choose to not have a party, but want to share on Facebook and Instagram, take photos of the balloon before it’s popped and then an action shot of popping it. This is such a fun idea – friends and family will love liking it!
2. Pink & Blue Dips. This gender reveal party idea will get your guests interacting and guessing the gender. Simply set out marshmallows, pink & blue frosting and pink & blue striped straws for guests to dip their marshmallow in the color they think is the gender of your baby! At the end of the party, when all the guesses are in, mom-to-be can hold the straws revealing the correct gender.
Wondering what’s hot on Pinterest from Pear Tree Greetings? Take a peek below to see our top pinned products and ideas!
1. Graduation Party Idea: This idea is easy, but adds the perfect touch to any graduation party. It was featured in our Classic Graduation Party Ideas post and uses our personalized graduation stickers on a mason jar. Simple & quick!
2. 4th of July food ideas: 4th of July celebrations are a month away and people are looking for patriotic food ideas to bring to their gathering. This idea was shown in our 4th of July food ideas post and is a simple display that uses 3 ingredients: blue corn chips, red peppers and humus!
Cards you created. Ideas we love.
We couldn’t believe it when we saw our Magic Unicorn Mask Birthday Invitations tagged on Instagram as part of this amazing unicorn party. We contacted the creative mom, Adrea, to see more of her fabulous girls’ birthday party ideas and ask how the party turned out. She told us all about it.
“We first found your gorgeous invitations at Pear Tree Greetings and became very excited about our theme! My mother ordered Hadley, the adorable unicorn set from The Land of Nod, that quickly became our color inspiration for her birthday party. We made unicorn-shaped sugar cookies and I hand-cut tissue paper tassels to create a tassel balloon and tassel honeycomb tissue balls (honeycomb balls from Shop Sweet Lulu).
“I gathered so many fabulous ideas from The Alison Show. Alison threw a unicorn fourth birthday party for her daughter, and every detail was perfect. I shamelessly incorporated so many of her ideas for Hadley’s party. 🙂
“Tables that were originally planned for outside dining were moved inside our garage due to a downpour. My sister purchased craft paper to use as tablecloths and wrote each child’s name in gold paint. We then set the table with Shop Sweet Lulu silver star plates and unicorn napkins. Each child received a special glass of Magical Unicorn Dust (glitter), which was a big hit! Unicorn horns were made with cotton candy holders and dipped in glitter.