Make the most of the moment and create new traditions this season. Here are 10 of our favorite family Christmas ideas to help make the most of the holidays.
1. Lift your spirits by being active. Family Christmas ideas usually involve delicious (but not-always-healthy) treats. Stay active with your entire family by having a classic snowball fight, visiting you local ice rink, or doing a little cross country skiing. You’re kids will love trying something new this season!
2. Send a holiday card (or New Year’s card, if you prefer). Not only will you spread cheer to friends and family, but your kids will love helping you stuff & stamp them!
3. Put your Christmas cards on display. There’s no better way to decorate your house for the holidays than with your friends and family’s seasonal photos. Check out some of our Christmas card display ideas on Pinterest and have your family help create a unique card display.
4. Find the best Christmas lights ever. Hop in the car and hunt for the best Christmas light display. Your child’s face will light up when you find the most decked-out house in town!
Sending Christmas cards can be a lot of work for one person. This year, make it a party and get the whole family involved. Stuffing envelopes and affixing stamps and address labels are jobs even kids can do. Here are some family Christmas ideas that will make it more fun:
- Have your Christmas card list, address labels, cards, stamps and envelopes ready to go
- Make it a festive occasion with some holiday tunes or holiday movies playing
- Break out old holiday photo albums to share with the kids
- Serve hot chocolate for the kids, wine for the grownups
- Use snacks as a reward for finishing a task (sticky fingers and Christmas cards don’t mix)
- Be sure to have the correct postage on hand. Most of our cards require one stamp, but we do sell a few that require more postage. If you are using a Christmas letter insert, recipe card insert or extra photos, it’s a good idea to weigh your card at the post office before buying stamps, just to be sure (self-adhesive stamps are easiest)
- Self-adhesive Christmas address labels make addressing your cards go twice as fast—and they add a festive touch to your card before it’s even opened. Many cards have coordinating address labels designed to match!
Once you’ve got your Christmas cards and address labels ready to go, read more ideas on addressing Christmas cards on our blog. We’d love to hear more family Christmas ideas from you!